Purpose of Faculty Liaison Program
- To monitor quality, consistency, and curricular alignment of concurrent enrollment classes that are awarding TC3 credits.
- To improve overall communication and encourage dialogue between TC3 faculty and high school concurrent enrollment faculty to benefit teaching and learning.
Faculty Liaison Responsibilities
- Review applicant credentials to assure that instructor meets the adjunct requirements for the course(s).
- Review concurrent enrollment course outlines for CE instructors to ensure curricular alignment.
- Provide orientation to course expectations for new high school concurrent enrollment teachers.
- Conduct site visits. (Review Site Visit Guidelines for suggestions on conducting site visits. A Site Visit Report Form must be completed for each visit. Mileage to schools may be claimed.)
- Review examples of course materials and student work from concurrent enrollment courses to assess alignment in assessment and grading.
- Communicate and hold individual meetings as needed with concurrent enrollment instructors.
- Facilitate/provide professional development for continuing high school concurrent enrollment instructors.
Professional Development Options
In addition to traditional workshops we hope to facilitate the development of online modules that take advantage of TC3's current web course capabilities. These modules would:
- promote communication among high school concurrent enrollment instructors who are teaching the same TC3 approved courses;
- provide an environment for our Faculty Liaisons to post information, resources, and course materials, for concurrent enrollment instructors;
- offer an enhanced level of communication between TC3 faculty and participating high school instructors.
Faculty Liaisons who are interested in participating in the development of an online module please see Victoria in the CollegeNow office.
- Academic departments select Faculty Liaisons and notify CollegeNow office.
- CollegeNow office provides Faculty Liaisons with concurrent enrollment instructor contact information, forms, etc.
- Faculty Liaison orientation with CollegeNow office.
- Faculty Liaisons begin communication with concurrent enrollment instructors, schedule site visits, submit site visit forms to CollegeNow office, etc.
- Faculty Liaisons complete activity logs four times per year to track work with concurrent enrollment instructors.