Concurrent enrollment instructors are required to participate in annual TC3 professional development workshops at least once each year.
Summer Teacher Institute
Curriculum Development Projects in Plant Biology
July 18 - 22, 2016
Boyce Thompson Institute, 533 Tower Road, Ithaca NY
Join educators and scientists to explore the connections among the plant sciences, agriculture, bioenergy, biotechnology, environment, genetics, and your classroom! Learn and design new plant-based curriculum that integrates into STEM courses and aligns with NGSS standards.
On-campus housing, some meals, a travel award, and stipend will be provided to teachers who successfully complete the program. Up to 70 professional development credit hours can be provided. Teachers will receive access to BTI's Classroom Experiment Kits, Lesson Plans, and Faculty Expertise. This institute is funded in part by an NSF grant, on which CollegeNow is a partner. Preference for registration is given to CollegeNow instructors.
Apply soon, no later than March 15. Note your affiliation with CollegeNow in the answer to question 7.
Past CollegeNow Workshops
- STEM 'ED'VENTURE Workshop - November 2015
- Fall STEM Teacher Workshop - October 2015
- Common Core Effects on MATH132/135 - August 2015
- Teaching Business in the 21st Century - August 2015
- Environmental Studies Curriculum Meeting - June 2015
- Professional Development Conference - August 2014
- Professional Development Conference - August 2013
- Professional Development Conference - August 2012
- Professional Development Conference - August 2011
- Physics and Engineering Workshop - May 2011
- Professional Development Conference - August 2010