TC3 Biz Secures Nearly $74K for Local Organizations
December 3, 2012
Hundreds of employees in Tompkins and Cortland counties are upgrading their skills and improving their job performance, thanks to $74,963 worth of grants TC3 Biz has secured from the SUNY Community College Workforce Development Training program. The competitive grants are designed to provide workforce development training courses to businesses and organizations to promote and encourage the development of new businesses in the state, and to create and retain employment opportunities in the state and local community.
TC3 Biz worked with local organizations to design training programs aligned with critical business needs, and then applied for the training grants. "We specialize in customized programs," said TC3 Biz Coordinator Susan Greener. "We consult with a company to establish the needs of the company, complete with a needs analysis. Our training is customized to the individualized needs of each company."
This training will cover a variety of topics, including customer service, leadership, lean office, computer skills, and decision making and problem solving. The training will take place during this academic year, with all the programs completed by the end of June 2013. The grant award recipients and training topics are:
• Franziska Racker Centers, Advocacy Center, and Hospicare & Palliative Care Services of Tompkins County –The Leadership Role: Resilience and Innovation
• The CBORD Group –Sustainable Test Driven Development; Conflict Management; Leading Through Change; Motivating Your Team with the Help of MBTI; Decision Making and Problem Solving
• Marietta Corporation – Excel; Supervisory Skills Series
• Pyrotek – Shop Math; Excel
• Square Deal Manufacturing– Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
• Stork H&E Turbo Blading – Leadership Training Program
• Tompkins Financial Corporation – Lean Office; Tools for Talking when the Stakes are High
More information on customized training, non-credit professional development workshops, and grant funding is available by contacting TC3 Biz at 607.844.6586 or biz@TC3.edu.