Here are some tips that will help you navigate the road to a four-year degree!
- Start planning for transfer your first semester at TC3. Why? Planning ahead gives you plenty of time to research four-year schools and complete any prerequisites for your intended major.
- Research Transfer Colleges. Go on college websites for information about degree programs, course requirements, transfer admissions, student life and more. The resources in the College/Career Information Center – Room 216 will also help you in your college search.
- Use your TC3 degree audit sheet. You can fulfill TC3 degree requirements and take the courses you need for your intended major. Choose your electives carefully and do not put off taking Math!
- Take advantage of programs here on campus!
- Spring Transfer Day
- TC3’s Fall College Day/Night Program
- The Advisor-in-Residence Program – Second year students can meet individually with a four-year college representative to discuss their transfer plans. Sign-up is required (Room 216).
- Individual transfer college visits
- Workshops that will assist you with the transfer process
- Go to the Transfer Services website for a calendar of all upcoming transfer events or stop by Counseling, Career and Transfer Services in Room 216.
- Visit transfer colleges! Go to the Admissions page on college websites. Sign up for campus tours and information sessions. Many schools offer admissions programs specifically for prospective transfer students. Ask a lot of questions. Can you picture yourself as a student there?
- Keep a file of all college material. You will thank yourself for being organized when you start the transfer application process.
- READ the transfer application(s) carefully. Everything you need to know about applying as a transfer student to four-year colleges and/or universities will be on their websites. Keep track of all Admissions and Financial Aid requirements and deadline dates.
- Do not make assumptions about transferring. ASK QUESTIONS! Schedule an appointment to meet with a transfer counselor in Counseling, Career & Transfer Services – Room 216
Don’t forget! Planning ahead is the key to a seamless transfer and a happy transfer student!
Information and support from SUNY
NEW! SUNY is developing an online database of Transfer Equivalencies to help you determine whether courses you take at TC3 will transfer to other SUNY schools.
NEW! Take a look at the latest SUNY Viewbook to assist you in identifying SUNY schools of interest.