It’s All Upstairs!No more guessing where your reserve textbooks are – they’re all upstairs at the main Service Desk. Student printing is upstairs. There are printers (one black & white, one full-color) at the Service Desk, and a second black & white at the entrance to the Tutoring Center. You can send your print jobs to any printer from any computer in the Commons, upstairs or down. Tech Support has moved to Room 208.
The One-Stop Shop for Homework Help
Visit the new Tutoring Center for help with all your assignments. All Tutoring is now in one convenient location on the second floor. Our three tutoring areas are Math & Science, Writing & Research, and Accounting & Business. Tutors can also help you almost any course – just ask. If you are new to Tutoring services, our greeter will help you find the right person to meet your needs. Stop by our welcome desk to check it out. You can always see current Tutoring schedules online.
The Baker Center is People
We are people who support learning by:
- Cultivating a caring, safe, creative environment (physical, emotional, and social)
- Believing in each individual's potential
- Identifying and developing each learner's unique strengths
- Valuing the diversity of our learning community
- Connecting and partnering with faculty and other college and community services
The Baker Center for Learning is named in honor of
Dr. Lucille S. Baker, professor emerita and generous contributor to the improvement of learning for all students.
- Tutoring: free drop-in tutoring in numerous subject areas. Look on the tutoring page for tutoring schedules.
- Online tutoring
- Group tutoring
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Tutorial software
- Voice output software
- Adaptive technology
- Appointments for study skills, time management and test-taking skills
Come in and ask for details!